Andrew Yorke grew up in Caledon East and began his triathlon career at the Caledon Kids of Steel at 13. After racing competitively in the Junior ranks, he was awarded Canada's Junior Triathlete of the Year in 2007. Now attending McMaster University and entering into his 3rd year as a U-23 he looks to improve upon his placings at his previous two World Championships. Andrew is looking to make 2010 his most successful Triathlon campaign yet with ITU races lined up across North America.
Check out Andrew on:
|First ever triathlon
||Caledon Kids of Steel with my Dad and Sister
||Graduated McMaster 2013 - Honours History
|Most memorable races
- Huatulco World Cup 2012, Broke away on the bike with a number of talented athletes and held onto the lead for 7/10k. Still had one of the fastest runs and was selected as the London Male Olympic Alternate.
- 18th World Championships Grand Final Auckland 2012. Racing against a lot of the big names in Triathlon, I had a great race to get a top 20 finish at Worlds, one of the highest finishes by a Canadian male. I proved I could race at a high level against some big names.
- Winning the 2010 Coteau du Lac ITU. I had a very deadly back infection 2 years before and I'd struggled immensely trying to come back. I had a great race with my teammate Sean Bechtel and he put in a great position to win the race. I had good legs and got the job done, it was my first professional win and my family were all there to witness it. A great day.
||Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem
|Favorite TV Show
||Anything Football or Baseball related!
||"What it Takes" starring Peter Reid
You can quit and they won't say anything, but you'll always know - John L. Parker Jr. - Once A Runner
- ITU Clermont Feb 28
- ITU PATCO Sprint Champs Sarasota March 6
- ITU PATCO Relay Champs March 7
- ITU WTS Auckland April 6th
- ITU WTS Yokohama May 12th
- Commonwealth Games July 24th
- ITU WTS Grand Final Edmonton September 1st
- Rest of the season is TBD
- Top 30 WTS Ranking
- Lead pack swimmer
- Consistently sub 31 min 10k off the bike
- Improve across all disciplines, race consistently
|Long Term Goals
- Rio Olympics 2016
- Commonwealth Games 2014
- Pan American Games 2015
||Right to Play Ambassador
- Benson Steel
- Kinetico Water Systems
- Royal Containers
- Triathlon Canada
- Caledon Hills Cycling
- Nineteen Wetsuits
- Louis Garneau
- Quest for Gold
- RTC Guelph
- Café Domestique